Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Blue (Not Suede) Shoes






I had the opportunity today to see "in real life" some pieces from the Comme des Garcons and Junya Watanabe Spring 2011 ready-to-wear collections.  I have admired the work of Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe for some time now, so to be able to see the clothes "in real life", rather than just in print or on a computer screen, meant a lot to me.  I was near to salivating.  If only I had limitless financial resources.  (I do know that Comme des Garcons collaborated with H&M in 2010, but I was not among those who were lucky enough to have snagged some of the pieces in that collection.)  Sigh!

2 comments:

Stef / Diversions said...

Fantastic shoes - love'em. All the grey and blue looks awesome not to forget the double helping of chequers!

wardrobetales said...

Thanks Stef/Diversions!