Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Amelia Earhart Outfit






There are photos of Amelia Earhart from her last flight in which she wears a plaid shirt (which looks like a large gingham check shirt), a scarf tied around the neck of the shirt (one of her signatures) and belted trousers.  I was thinking of these pictures of Amelia Earhart when I put together today's outfit.  For me, Amelia Earhart was a master at mixing the masculine and feminine (and not just in clothing).  It is one of the reasons why I am so fascinated with her.  And, since I am sort of "in the past", speaking of Amelia Earhart, I will stay there:  The boots that I wore today remind me of another pair of boots, a pair that I wore (to their death) when I was at university.  This didn't occur to me the other day, when I wore these same boots.  A lot of the things that I am wearing these days seem to be reminding me of my university days (and my university wardrobe).  Am I regressing in style?

No comments: