Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise



Iz bakinog ormara awarded me a "Stylish Blogger Award".  I was pleasantly surprised; I really appreciate the gesture.  As a recipient of the award, I am supposed to say seven things about myself.  Here goes:

One:  Up until about five years ago, my closet was a sea of black and I never set foot outside my house in anything but black.  Then, all of a sudden, something happened (to this day, I don't know what that something was) and I started wearing colour, in fact, all the colours of the rainbow.  My transition into wearing colour was by no means gradual, as might be expected of someone who wore only black.  No, I went straight from black to the candy colours of the 60s mod girl.  And, I never wore a bit of black for about two years.  Now, I have settled into wearing a balance of colours and black.

Two:  For the longest time now, I have been fascinated with the lives of Amelia Earhart and Jean Seberg.  I have read every single biography written and watched every single documentary made about Amelia Earhart that I have been able to get my hands on.  I have read Amelia Earhart's account of her first cross-Atlantic crossing.  I have read fictional works dealing with Amelia Earhart, watched movies about Amelia Earhart and watched episodes of TV shows about Amelia Earhart (believe it or not, there was a Star Trek episode about Amelia Earhart).  Learning about Jean Seberg hasn't been as easy as finding out about Amelia Earhart.  Sadly, the one biography written about Jean Seberg hasn't been in print for some time now and I have yet to be able to get my hands on a second (or third or fourth or whatever) copy of the biography.  Is it strange that I am fascinated with the lives of two women who died young?

Three:  Two fictional characters that I would love to be (if I could be a fictional character) are Nancy Drew and Miss Marple.  Mystery lovers and sleuths at opposite ends of the age spectrum.  Hmmmm.

Four:  I am saddened by the fact that travelling is no longer a glamourous, luxurious and leisurely activity.

Five:  Some places on the top of my list to visit are (in no particular order): Iceland, Venice and St. Petersburg, Russia (in Winter of course).

Six:  I am shy.

Seven:  Probably related to my being shy, I don't like to be photographed (not even by myself).  Whenever I find myself in a situation where there is a photographer about snapping pics, I make sure that I am never in the photographer's "shooting range".  Because I don't like to be photographed (not even by myself), it is very difficult for me to have a personal style photoblog (a big thank you to all my supporters).

Well, there you have it.

As a recipient of the "Stylish Blogger Award", I have the honour of passing it on (15 bloggers).  I would like to pass it on first to Sally Jane Vintage, whose blog has provided me with much inspiration.



I am wearing an old Zara dress, a vintage H&M sweater, vintage Lululemon leggings, vintage over-the-knee socks of an unknown brand and boots by JCrew.  My button scarf was handknit and a gift and my wool beret is vintage.

No comments: