Monday, February 14, 2011

Frostbitten Red Roses Plaid Jumper Dress


Oh, Mother Nature!  How you toy with us.  You let us taste warmer weather, barely wetting our lips, then you take it away from us and return us to the bitter cold.  I suppose the silver lining is that, on this St. Valentine's Day, giving us cold weather makes us want to do nothing more than cosy up to the fireplace.  Not such a bad thing.



I don't usually give much thought to dressing for St. Valentine's Day, but, today, I did give it some thought, honouring the day with a red plaid jumper dress and a silver heart pin.  I didn't want to go overboard, dressing head to toe in red (not that there is anything wrong with that), but I did want to give a small nod to the day.  I think that I managed to do so.



Returning to the weather for just a moment, for some reason, this year, I am still enjoying dressing for the cold, even if I am not enjoying the cold itself.  In fact, I am so enjoying dressing for the cold that I don't really care how much longer it goes on for.  My apologies to those who want Spring now.  But just so you know, as much as I am enjoying dressing for the cold, I won't be unhappy if, all of a sudden, I have to dress for Spring.


I am wearing a vintage Club Monaco blouse, a vintage wool jumper dress (from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy), a vintage H&M wool cardigan, unsweatpants by H&M and riding boots by JCrew.  My duffle coat is vintage Gloverall for the Hudson's Bay Company, my scarf and mitts are vintage H&M and my wool beret is vintage.  My sterling silver heart pin is vintage.

No comments: