Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's A Wrap Skirt



Here is one thing that I find super frustrating about the internet.  It gives you access to many clothing labels, which is great, but there is then the possibility of falling head over heels in love with one that you quickly learn you can't have any "real" access to because of where it is produced and/or retailed.  This happened to me today.  I was introduced to the label Cabbage and Roses and it was love at first sight.  There are dresses and skirts and blouses and jackets that I want, but they are all painfully out of reach.  Oh, woe is me!



I think that I have finally acclimated to the cold.  Whereas during the first couple of weeks of temperatures around minus fifteen degrees celsius, I couldn't go out without my Canada Goose parka, now, with temperatures still hovering around minus fifteen degrees celsius, I feel comfortable wearing some of my other heavy wool coats.  Now, I think that I want to save the Canada Goose parka for the days when the temperatures will be minus twenty degrees celsius, or lower.


Of course, to "get away" with not wearing the Canada Goose parka, I really have to layer up the sweaters underneath the coat.  So, maybe, everything that I have just said should just be discarded.


Incidentally, whenever I dress like I did today -- in long skirts, shirts with ties, long sweaters -- I am recreating looks from photos, taken between 1910 and 1925, of women at one of my alma maters that were included in a calendar that the alma mater put out some years back.  It probably isn't being very liberated to say so, but I adore the style of dress worn during that time period (pre-flapper).


I am wearing a shirt by Old Navy with a vintage Gap tie and an old Eddie Bauer wool wrap skirt.  My grey wrap shawl collar sweater is vintage Zara and my burgundy/wine shawl collar cardigan is by Preloved.  My leaf pin is an old piece.  My duffle coat is vintage Gloverall for HBC, by handknit button scarf was a gift, my wool beret is vintage and my mitts are vintage Gap.  My socks are by MacGregor and my boots are vintage Fluevog.

No comments: