Sunday, January 9, 2011

Across The River On A Log Sweater


One of my favourite labels -- Preloved -- that creates new clothing using discarded sweaters, shirts, wool trousers and denim, among other things, is having a sample and warehouse sale at the end of the month.  This could be dangerous!


I had planned on visiting the Goodwill store this weekend, as well as some vintage shops around the city.  I didn't get to either the Goodwill store or any vintage shop.  The snow was my excuse on Saturday.  The cold was my excuse on Sunday.  In reality, I think that I was too tired from the work week to get excited about clothing shopping and I didn't want to go to any thrift and/or vintage shops in that state.  It probably would have been a waste of time -- I wouldn't have been able to see any jewels in the rough.  On the other hand, it might have "revived" me.  Oh well.  There is always next weekend.


I may be heading into a period of wearing long skirts.  (Obviously) I didn't wear a long skirt today, but I have a couple of outfits involving long skirts planned for the work week.  In part, I think that I want to wear long skirts because I know them to be warmer (and it will continue to be cold this week).  I think that I also want to wear long skirts because ... well ... because I just want to.


I am wearing a flannel shirt by Urban Renewal from Urban Outfitters with a vintage brooch, a woollen tunic by Zara (sale), vintage leggings and woollen shorts by Lululemon, vintage socks by CK and vintage LLBean boots.

No comments: