Sunday, December 5, 2010

Staying Warm Was The Only Goal


I don't think that the "Snow Bunny" look usually involves wearing head to toe black.  I suspect that wearing head to toe winter white is more common for the "Snow Bunny" look.  Whatever might be the case, my "Snow Bunny" looks have always involved wearing head to toe black, probably because, when I started wearing "Snow Bunny" looks, I only wore black clothes, so I had to find a way to create "Snow Bunny" looks with black clothes.


I came very close to wearing something else today:  The red dress that I wore a couple of days ago, with yellow tights and a yellow wool cardigan.  I pulled the tights on (not, unfortunately, woolly and warm -- yellow, woolly and warm tights aren't so easy to come by) and, immediately, I knew that I wouldn't be warm enough in the outfit.  Lucky for me, I had a backup plan.  Even more lucky for me, I was happy with the backup outfit!


Tomorrow is going to be hard.  After a couple of days off, I am returning to work.  Since I was last at work, the daytime temperatures have plummeted.  Being off work, I was able to "bundle up", to think more about keeping warm than looking presentable.  Returning to work, I am going to have to figure out how to dress warmly and presentably.  I know that I have managed to do so in the past, but, every year, the first couple of days of having to dress warmly and presentably are often bumpy.


I am wearing a vintage Eddie Bauer wool turtleneck sweater layered over a vintage Gap tshirt, vintage MEC fleece leggings, a vintage Old Navy ski jacket, a vintage Wildhagen hat and vintage H&M mitts.  My socks are old by Hue and my boots are vintage army boots.

No comments: