Monday, December 20, 2010

Some Formal Informal



Today, after trying on a variety of unsatisfactory outfits, I finally settled on a mix of formal and informal (or, as I immediately called it, "some formal informal").  I would like to say that the look happened by accident:  I had on the top half of the outfit, with a light grey short pleated skirt and brown tights, when I decided that, while I liked the top half of the outfit, the bottom half was too formal for today and, hey, why not just pair the top half of the outfit with some grey un-sweatpants.  But the truth is that I have been browsing JCrew catalogues the past few days and there are a lot of "formal informal" looks in there.  I am sure that those JCrew looks subconsciously inspired my "formal informal" look today.  But, hey, at least I didn't wear a flannel shirt and sweater dress combo!



I am wearing a vintage flannel shirt restyled by Urban Renewal from Urban Outfitters with a tie from Urban Outfitters, a vintage Eddie Bauer wool vest, a wool cardigan by JCrew, un-sweatpants by Roots, old socks by LLBean and boots by LLBean.

No comments: