Sunday, December 12, 2010

Keeping My Word



For about ten minutes this morning, there was a possibility that I might wear something "new" today.  However, when I went in search of a part of the "new" outfit, I realized that I had given it away recently.  I remembered that I had thought that I would never again wear the piece, although at some point in the past, it had been a wardrobe staple.  I am not, nor do I like to be, nor, practically, can I be, a pack rat.  However, this morning, when I had realized that I had given away something that I could have worked into my wardrobe this season, I resolved to no longer give away any of my staple clothes.   There is always a reason why something becomes a staple and, perhaps, I shouldn't so quickly discard a "go to" item of clothing just because, for the moment, it stops being a "go to" item of clothing.  I should just let it rest.


As the "new outfit" didn't come to pass, I did go back to yesterday's outfit, just as I said that I would.


I tried to shop for some new "yoga girl" clothes today, but that didn't work out at all.  Nothing sang to me.  So, instead, I went to Urban Outfitters and picked up some more plaid flannel shirts.  It seems as if I can't have too many plaid flannel shirts these days!


I am wearing a vintage flannel shirt restyled by Urban Renewal from Urban Outfitters with a vintage silver pin, a vintage H&M sweater dress, a wool cardigan by Susan Harris Design, un-sweatpants by Roots, a vintage H&M coat, a vintage H&M scarf, vintage Nine West gloves and a vintage Banana Republic hat.  My socks are old from LLBean and my boots are by Bogs.

No comments: