Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Went Out!


The outfit that I wore today I have worn before ... very recently in fact ... except with different footwear.  I suppose that different footwear can make a different outfit?  Yes?  No?


The "little grey dress" that I wore today is, not only a favourite, but also my single, solitary go to dress in the Winter.  I can't say enough good things about this dress.  I shudder every time that I recall that it almost, almost didn't make it into my core wardrobe.  Shudder!


Today is definitely turning out to be a lovefest for my clothes.  I love my quilted vest as much as I love my "little grey dress".  This quilted vest serves as outerwear in the Fall, and as an additional layer on cold, cold days in Winter.  To clear up any uncertainty, it was another cold Winter-y day today.


There are these two stores in my home city, one near where a live, one near where I work and play, that sell the most interesting collections of clothing.  The stores are not clothing stores.  They carry a variety of products from South America and Asia, like furniture, home decor items, fashion accessories, jewellery, toys ... and a small selection of clothing.  I don't always find clothing to my liking at these stores, but every once in a while, I come across some pieces of clothing that are so unusual that I can't resist getting them.  That happened to me today.  I bought an interesting skirt and an interesting sweater/sweater dress.  I was also tempted by a coat/jacket.  (Initially, I couldn't figure out how the coat/jacket "worked" it was so unusual!)  If the coat/jacket is still available after the holidays, I may just purchase it.  Or, maybe, I will buy it before the holidays, as my Christmas gift to myself.


Something monumental happened today!  The Fluevog boots that I had been waiting for arrived.  But ... but ... they came in the wrong size!  So, for the first time in the history of my relationship with Fluevogs, I am going to have to return a pair of Fluevogs.  Horrors!


I am wearing a vintage Zara dress, a vintage Gap sweater with a vintage silver pin, a vintage Gap quilted vest and vintage Lululemon leggings.  My socks are old by CK and my boots are vintage Fluevogs.

No comments: