Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Think That I Really Like This Colour




I wore the dark olive green colour that I wore today before.  On Sunday.  I remember being pleased with it then.  When I put on the colour this morning, I thought, "I think that I really like this colour".


I was really hard on myself recently, when I came to the realization that I was wearing nothing but plaid shirts and sweater dresses/jumper dresses.  This morning, when I put on a plaid shirt with a jumper dress and looked at myself in the mirror, I asked myself what was so wrong with always wearing something in which I am so comfortable?  If this is who I am right now, then this is who I am right now.  After that moment, I felt so relieved.  Getting dressed shouldn't be about fighting against who you are.  It shouldn't be an unhappy struggle.  Getting dressed should be about expressing who you are.  It should be fun.


I am wearing a vintage flannel shirt restyled by Urban Renewal from Urban Outfitters with a silver pin from El Mundo, a flannel jumper dress by Paper People Clothing, an incredibly warm wool tie-front cardigan by Paper People Clothing, old tights by H&M and vintage Fluevog boots.

No comments: