Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Beginning Of A New Tradition?


I couldn't be bothered with trying to find a clothing or shoe bargain this Boxing Day.  I used to love scouting for clothing and shoe bargains on Boxing Day.  But, this year, I just couldn't bear facing the crowds.  So, instead of getting up early to hit the shops for clothing and/or shoes, I got up early to go to yoga practice.  Afterwards, I had a pleasant time in a coffee shop with my tea, tea biscuit and book.  Then, I went to my all-time favourite bargain store and purchased on oil filled portable heater, which I have been meaning to do for weeks now.  I feel very satisfied with my one purchase today.  I have checked yet another item off my "home to do" list.  I also feel very tranquil, the result, no doubt, of avoiding the Boxing Day crowds.  Today might just have been the start of a new Boxing Day tradition:  No wardrobe shopping!


I am wearing a vintage flannel shirt restyled by Urban Renewal from Urban Outfitters with a tie from Urban Outfitters, a jumper dress with belt by Zara, a wool cardigan by JCrew, un-sweatpants by Roots, vintage LLBean socks and boots by LLBean.

No comments: