Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank You Santa!


Santa may not be back (at least not just yet), but he was good enough to blow some of his cold air my way.  Thank you Santa!


This morning, on my way to work, I was thinking about shoes and shoe trends.  While I may be prone to adopting some trends where clothes are concerned, shoes are one area where I rarely pay attention to trends.  Coincidentally, I may buy and sport a "trendy" shoe, but it is just that, a coincidence.  I have distinct preferences when it comes to shoes.  Some of these are obvious:  I like cowboy and other "western style" boots.  I prefer flats (at the moment and for some time now).  I like chunky, substantial shoes.  I like oxfords.  I like wellies.  I like vintage inspired utilitarian shoes (e.g., hiking boots, snow boots).  Among other things.  With some of my shoe preferences, I like to scout out unique, quirky brands.  With oxfords, for example, I have found the mother lode in Cydwoq.  With other shoe preferences, I like to source the "originals" (e.g, G. H. Bass for penny loafers).  Sometimes it happens that one or more of my fairly constant shoe preferences coincide with a "trend".  Those times are definitely great for me, from the point of view of a being a consumer -- oodles of choice.  Last Winter was one of those great times.  This Autumn/Winter is also turning out to be one of those great times.


I am wearing a shirt and tie by H&M, a vintage sweater restyled from Urban Outfitters, a vintage skirt from Urban Outfitters, an old coat by H&M, an old scarf and old gloves by Nine West.  My tights are old from I don't know where and my boots are by Fluevog.

No comments: