Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Have Wanted To Do This For Years


The first time that I wanted to wear wool shorts in cool/cold weather (I think that it was Winter at the time), I was still in university.  I can't be sure, but I think that I may have bought a pair of wool shorts to wear, either that year or the following year.  I hung onto them for a couple of years.  I never wore them and, eventually, I gave them away.  A couple of years ago, I bought another pair of wool shorts.  I guess that I never let go of the idea of wearing wool shorts in cool/cold weather.  Today, I finally got around to wearing the wool shorts.  I know exactly the shot from the fashion editorial that I wanted to mimic when I put today's outfit, including the shorts, together.  I have no idea, though, what made me, after so many years, put wool shorts on.


I am trying to decide between buying a certain cropped winter coat and a certain jacket.  Part of the reason it is so hard to decide is that I am fairly sure that, whatever item I decide not to buy, it will be lost to me forever.  I have no idea whether that will matter to me.  At the moment, I find both items equally attractive.


I am wearing an old shawl collar pullover sweater by JCrew, old wool shorts by Zara, an old leather belt from the Gap, an old vest from LLBean and a cropped duffle coat from Old Navy.  My tights are old from H&M and my boots are old by Fluevog.

No comments: