Thursday, October 21, 2010

Too Much Of A Good Thing?


On Tuesday, JCrew's November catalogue arrived at my house.  Whenever a catalogue or a lookbook arrives at my house, I usually make myself a snack and curl up on the sofa to consume the catalogue or lookbook.  Today's outfit was inspired, in part, by a look in the November JCrew catalogue and, in part, by the Dear Creatures Fall/Winter 2010 collection.


While I am on the subject of the November JCrew catalogue, there were two items in there that caught my eye.  One was a black jacket with white piping.  (That this item caught my eye should come as no surprise, given the penchant that I developed for jackets with piping after seeing the twenty-seven names Fall/Winter 2011 collection.)  The second item that caught my eye was a shawl collar cardigan with contrast tipping.  (Are you sensing a personal trend here?)  With JCrew I have yet to figure out when to wait for an item to go on sale and when to buy an item right away.  I have done both at different times and been burned, i.e., paid full price for an item that went on sale almost immediately and missed out on getting an item because it was hugely popular and sold out almost immediately.  I am not sure what I will do this time around.


I realized after I got dressed this morning that I managed to wear a lot of this season's colour (camel).  Hopefully, it wasn't too much camel.  I certainly don't think so

I am wearing a Gap shirt, a tie from Urban Outfitters, an old cardigan from Zara, a vintage skirt from Clever Nettle on Etsy and a coat from H&M.  My tights are from my sock drawer, my socks are by Hue and my boots are old by Fluevog.

No comments: