Sunday, October 10, 2010

Give Me A Day, I'll Take Two Hours


I took advantage of tomorrow being work free by taking an afternoon nap today.  I can't remember the last time I had an opportunity to indulge in an afternoon nap.  Think about it:  I have a whole extra day to do two days' worth of chores and errands.  Why not take a couple of hours out of the long weekend for an afternoon nap?



Sometimes I buy clothing without really knowing how I will wear it:  I buy it because I like it.  I am on the fence as to whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  More often than not (I would say), this clothing gamble works out:  I figure out how to wear the clothing and, on occasion, the clothing even becomes some of my favourites.  However, sometimes it takes some time before this happens.  If my goal is to stop buying a lot of new clothing, I should probably only buy clothing that I know how to wear at the moment that I buy it.  Or should I?



The dress and cardigan were two pieces of clothing that I bought in the Spring because I liked them.  I didn't know immediately how I would wear them.  Because they are, what I call, yoga clothes, I was limited in when I could explore wearing them.  Yesterday, I pulled them out, put them on and was happy with the results.



I am wearing an old Gap tshirt, an old tank dress, old cardigan and old leggings from Lululemon, an old scarf and an old cape from Roots.  My socks are old, by Hue, and my boots are old, by Fluevog.

No comments: