Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another Game Of Checkers?


There is an outfit sitting in my bedroom just waiting to be worn.  I think that I had wanted to wear it, for the first time, last Friday.  For reasons I can no longer recall, I didn't wear it last Friday.  Then, I thought that I would wear it yesterday.  Well, I didn't, at which point I thought that I would wear it today.  Well, I didn't wear it today either.  At this point, I have given up thinking about when I will wear it.  I guess it will get worn when it gets worn.


Today I wore what is turning out to be a favourite flannel shirt.  I really wish I had more than rudimentary sewing skills (and a sewing machine), for if I did, I would buy a whole bunch of men's flannel shirts from Goodwill and turn them into the kind of flannel shirt that I wore today (just like Urban Outfitters did).  How truly clever.  I know that this is still some ways away, but the Christmas One of a Kind Show and Sale is coming up, and I can't wait to see what new things will be on offer from two favourite designers who similarly recycle clothing.



The jumper dress that I wore today is also another favourite piece of clothing.  In fact, it is such a favourite piece of clothing that I own it in four colours and I wear all four colours about equally.  A few months ago, I resolved to break the habit of buying "one in every colour", and I am pleased to report that, while I haven't broken the habit completely, I don't buy "one in every colour" nearly as often as I used to.  But I am sure glad that I was buying "one in every colour" when the jumper dress that I wore today came into my sights!


Finally, I have to confess that I overdressed today.  It was unseasonably warm and I was warm.  Tomorrow is also supposed to be unseasonably warm.  I will try not to overdress tomorrow.


I am wearing an Urban Renewal flannel shirt from Urban Outfitters, an old scarf from my accessories collection, an old jumper dress, an old zip cardigan from Anthropologie and an old Kensie coat.  My socks are from my sock drawer and my boots are old by Fluevog.

2 comments:

Iz bakinog ormara said...

I'd be most glad if by magic this outfit appeared in MY wardrobe. you're really cool with your combos.

wardrobetales said...

Thank you so much!