Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Loving It




What is it about the first chilly Saturday morning in September that makes me want to hunker down and start studying and learning something new?  There is that connection between the cooling weather and returning to school, which, as long as one returns to school, means the opportunity to learn something new.  Maybe that's it.



While school wasn't always a pleasant experience for me, as long as I can remember, I have always loved learning.   As I am not returning to school this September, I am so grateful that there is at least one quasi-academic pursuit in my life right now.



I loved today's weather.  It was chilly, dark, dreary and windy, and, off and on, raining, and I just loved it.  I am not sure why I loved it.  Maybe it's because it's September weather and I am programmed to love it because of its association with learning and studying, which I love.  Or, perhaps, it has something to do with the fact that this type of weather makes me seek solace and I love the things that bring me comfort: cosy clothes and cosy rooms.  And (and this will sound strange) I love darkness during the daytime.



As can be seen, I wore sweats today.


I don't particularly like wearing sweats.  I like the idea of wearing sweats, but I don't think sweats like the idea of me.  They don't seem to suit me.



Of course, that sweats don't become me hasn't stopped (and likely won't stop) me from wearing them.  Sometimes they just fit the bill.  Like today, when all I did was run to teach a class, run to practice, stop off at the Whole Foods Market near me to pick up something to eat on the way home and do chores around the house.


I am wearing an old Urban Outfitters tshirt, old Roots sweats, an H&M sweater, an old Gap scarf and and old Gap jacket.  My socks are from my sock drawer and my boots are old army surplus.  My bag is an old Seal Line courier bag from MEC

No comments: