Saturday, September 18, 2010

Coasting On Empty


Seriously!



Today, I started thinking about when it is appropriate to divest oneself of portions of one's wardrobe.  Is it okay to renew your wardrobe every season?  I wear lots of the new things that I acquire every season, but I also wear lots of the old things that live in my closet season after season.  If I had just new things to rely on, would my style change?  Or, would I end up buying new versions of old things season after season?  Wouldn't that be wasteful?  If I should keep certain things and allow other things to enter and leave my wardrobe, what are the things that I should keep?  I know the formula of hanging on to "classics", "staples", but I am not sure that that formula would work for me.  At the end of the day, I had no answers and felt like I was spinning my wheels, getting nowhere.



Of course, I also didn't know where I was headed when I started thinking about this subject matter, which may have contributed to my getting nowhere.  I was just thinking, in a vacuum, abstractly, with no framework, no context.  I am not sure that doing this is ever a good thing for me to do.  With no answers (to no questions, of course), I ended up feeling like I should just be chucking everything and starting with a blank slate, which isn't practical at all.



I am wearing a Gap shirt and sweater vest, Hue jeggings and an old sweater jacket from Zara.  My pin is from my jewellery box.  My socks are by Hue and my shoes are Neosens.

No comments: