Saturday, August 28, 2010

Utilitarian Clothing, Utilitarian Bag


The outfit that I wore today was very similar to the outfit that I wore last week (to visit the fair).




Last week I wasn't very happy with my outfit.  I guessed that this was because my hair had failed me during the day.  A bad hair day turned into a bad outfit day.


This week, while I wasn't necessarily overjoyed with my outfit, I wasn't exactly displeased with it either.  I got my hair trimmed and coloured today, so that helped matters somewhat.  But, overall, I decided that it was an utilitarian outfit and, as such, perfectly okay.




Looking back at last Saturday's outfit, it too was a utilitarian outfit and, as such, bad hair aside, it was perfectly okay.  Today, I am prepared to record last Saturday's utilitarian outfit.




And since I am on the topic of utilitarian wardrobe items, here is the very utilitarian bag that I carry around with me most weekends.  I never realized, until today, just how wide it is.  I very nearly disappear when I am wearing it.  As a bonus, the bag is waterproof, in the event that I ever have the urge to jump in the lake.






shirt: Gap, mens
tshirt: Gap, mens
shorts: Old Navy, mens
belt: Gap, from my accessories collection
socks: Hue
shoes: Nine West, from my closet
bag: Seal Line, from my accessories collection

(Last Saturday, I wore cropped jeans from H&M (from my closet).  My belt was from Gap (from my accessories collection), my socks were by Hue, from Macys, and my boots were Frye.)

P.S.  This weekend is the last weekend before my shopping prohibition kicks in.  Admittedly, I feel like I should do some last bit of shopping tomorrow.  Of course, there is still Tuesday for shopping as well -- Monday is full of other planned activities.

No comments: