Saturday, August 7, 2010

Revisiting San Francisco Again


We had San Francisco weather in my home city this morning, meaning it was sunny but chilly (I think that it was about 14 degrees celsius).



This presented me with an opportunity to wear something that I wore while I was in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago.  Well almost something that I wore.  Take away the boyfriend jean shorts and substitute boyfriend jeans and you will have what I actually wore in San Francisco.


There are a few things that I just have to talk about today.



The first is this "new" piece of clothing that I first saw in the JCrew catalogue I can't remember how many months ago: the "unsweatpant".  The best that I can describe it, it is made of sweatshirt material and is a cross between a sweatpant, a pant and a legging.  Some of the early ones from JCrew had zips at the ankle.  I bought a pair, with zips at the ankle, about a month ago.  I wore them on the plane going to San Francisco.  They were incredibly comfortable, yet chic (or so I thought).  Yesterday, while I was shopping at a Roots store, I saw some "unsweatpants" there.  I bought two pair.  A pair of cropped "unsweatpants" and a pair of regular length ones.  These will be perfect for late Summer, transitioning into early Fall.  (Obviously, and maybe it's because of the chilliness this morning, I have started thinking about (and preparing for) dressing for Fall.)




The second thing that I have to talk about today is ... glasses.  I got the chance to wear one pair of my many pairs of glasses.  I have to say clear vision is just awesome.  My ophthalmologist though has warned against my wearing them too often, and I will listen to his advice.



The last thing that I have to talk about today is ... this knapsack!


I bought it today.  I just adore it!  Isn't it just perfect?




Oh, and I guess I am back to wearing blue!

sweater: Gap, from my closet
shirt: Gap, mens
tshirt: Old Navy, mens
jean shorts: Old Navy, mens
belt: Gap, from my accessories collection
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
shoes: Nine West, from my closet

No comments: