Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not What I Was Expecting


Yesterday evening, when I arrived home, there was a package waiting for me.  It was one of two packages that I was waiting for, but it wasn't the one that I had expected to arrive first.  So, when I saw it, there was that moment of instant disappointment.  But then I cheered up, because, while it wasn't the package that I had hoped had arrived, it was still a package that I had been waiting for and it contained goodies.


I guess my disappointment was due to the fact that the package that I had hoped had arrived contains goodies that I can wear now, while the package that had arrived contained goodies that I will have to wait to wear.


As I said yesterday, since Tuesday, I haven't been able to get Nancy Drew off my mind.  Today, I wanted to go shopping.  Before hitting the "real life" store that I wanted to go to, I decided to check the online version of the store, to get an idea of what might be in the "real life" store.  Because of my preoccupation with Nancy Drew, the only items of clothing that I gravitated towards and wanted in the online store were those that could be described as vintage inspired "school clothes".  There was a "varsity" sweater and a "band" jacket that I put on my wish list.  Unfortunately, when I finally made it to the "real life" store, those items were nowhere to be found.  I wasn't sure if they were yet to arrive in the "real life" store or had already come and gone.  I suppose that I could have inquired, but I wasn't sure of my ability to accurately describe what I was after to be certain that I would be getting the correct information.  A bit of a disappointment.


And speaking of disappointment (gosh, haven't I been doing so from the beginning?), I think that the time has come for me to start carrying around a long sleeve jacket or sweater.  I hate to say it, but I wasn't really warm enough in what I wore today.  I think that part of the problem may be that the weather indoors remains cold (due to over zealous air conditioning) but the weather outdoors is no longer hot enough to warm me up instantaneously when I step outdoors.  The result is that I am no longer entirely comfortable (read "warm") enough, indoors or out.  Major disappointment.  It seems like just yesterday that I was celebrating the arrival of Spring.  Where has the Summer gone?


sweater: Old Navy
tshirt: Old Navy, from my closet
scarf: Gap, from my accessories collection
skirt: Zara
socks: Hue, from Macys
boots: Frye

No comments: