Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It May Be The Beginning Of The End



So today marks the second day in a row of that cool in the morning, hot by midday and cool in the evening weather.  Maybe I am jumping the gun here, after all what's just two days, but I do believe it may be the beginning of the end of Summer.


I am not sure that the arrival of the beginning of the end of Summer is really all that meaningful to me anymore, other than signaling the arrival of a period of transition weather dressing, which isn't always that enjoyable for me.  Although, I do think that I do better transitioning from warmer weather to cooler weather than the other way round.


The upside of transition weather at this time of year is that at the other end lies Fall (and, after a second round of transition weather, Winter), which means I will be getting to wear my favourite type of clothing -- sweaters, sweaters and more sweaters!



The downside of transition weather is that it is the beginning of many months to come of a lot of darkness, greyness and cold, all of which really test my desire to "dress up".  This Winter I really want to do something (not sure what yet) about the coats and outer woollies (you know, hats, scarves, gloves, mitts) that I wear.  I want to have fun (not sure how yet) with that element of my wardrobe.  I don't want my coats and woollies to be things that I look upon as just utilitarian, serving to get me warmly, comfortably from point A to point B, where the "real clothes" can be revealed.  I want my coats and woollies to count; they are "real clothes" too!


jacket: JCrew, from my closet
dress: vintage, from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy
belt: Old Navy, from my accessories collection
socks: Hue
boots: Fluevog, from my closet
bag: H&M

No comments: