Sunday, August 8, 2010

Floral Shorts


I have been hankering for a pair of floral shorts for a while now.  Oddly, I have been scouting for a pair on Etsy rather than in "real life" stores -- an odd thing but a good sign, I think.  This morning, when I was thinking about what I was going to wear today, I bopped myself on my head (you know, the thing that people do to themselves or to others in the V8 commercials while saying "I could have had a V8!").  Why did I do this?  Because I realized that I had a pair of floral shorts sitting in my closet just waiting to be worn.




It didn't take me too long to figure out what to pair with these floral shorts.  I picked the blouse first.  The combination of the blouse and shorts alone cried out for a belt, so I selected a belt from my collection.  It wasn't that hard to pick out a belt, but it did take two tries to arrive at the (more or less) low-slung way of wearing it.  I picked the grey socks and boots to pick up on some grey in the shorts.  I chose the blue sweater to pick up on some blue in the shorts.  At the end of the day, I was quite happy with the outfit.


It occurred to me today that as a season progresses, I get more and more comfortable with dressing for it. While I have been dressing for the different seasons for years (and years) now, at the beginning of a new season, it is almost as if I have to learn anew how to dress for it.  At first, I seem to flounder around a lot.  With time, it becomes easier to dress for the season.  Eventually, dressing for the season becomes second nature.  At which point, a new season, with a new learning cycle, is not that far away.  I wonder if this cycling through a season will ever change.  I doubt it.  If it hasn't changed yet, I don't think that the chances of it ever changing are so great.




Should I debut another pair of glasses on the blog?  I think so.  Here I am wearing my second pair of new old glasses.  (Note that the frames are grey/silver.)



No new bag to enthuse about today.  Truth be told, I think the bag that I enthused about yesterday I could enthuse about for a long time to come.  But I will spare the blog that!

blouse: H&M, from my closet
shorts: H&M
belt: H&M, from my accessories collection
socks: Hue, from Macys
boots: Frye

No comments: