Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You Can't Wear That


How difficult it can be some days!  This morning I was so stuck on wearing an outfit that I had dress rehearsed yesterday.  I knew yesterday that I couldn't wear it today, and I knew this morning that I couldn't wear it today.  (The reason that I couldn't wear the outfit is because some fierce storms were forecast for today and the shoes that I had selected for the outfit could not have withstood any storm and would have been ruined.  I couldn't have that.)  Nonetheless, there I was this morning fixated on that outfit and refusing to think about what I could wear.  It is nothing short of a miracle that I managed to put something on with which I wasn't too displeased!



While desperately trying to figure out what to wear this morning, I went in search of a particular black dress.  After checking where I thought I had put it, I couldn't find it.  This "disturbed" me.  I was pretty sure that I had not gotten rid of this dress.  Had I not had to go to work, I would have scoured my house for the dress.  Where on earth is it though?  Did I consign it to the charity bin and forget it?  Is is buried in my house somewhere?


This little episode of the lost dress shows why I should be prohibited from buying new things.  If I can lose a dress in my house, I definitely have more than enough clothes.



jacket: JCrew
blouse: Gap, from my closet
scarf: ?, from my accessories collection
skirt: Gap
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
shoes: Fluevog, from my closet

No comments: