Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gym Class


The moment I put together today's outfit, I thought, "Gym Class" (circa the 1950s, or maybe even earlier).  It's probably the length and bubble shape of the skirt, which make it look like bloomers.  There is also something about the colour (I think that JCrew labelled it "mushroom", but don't quote me on that); it feels very institutional.


I liked the outfit when I put it together, but I was somewhat nervous about wearing it out.  I wanted to wear the outfit out, though, so I swallowed the nerves.  Everything worked out okay.


Yesterday, I went to the Fluevog store.  The Fall/Winter collection has started to trickle into the store in my home city.  Some of the many styles that I had seen and fallen in love with in San Francisco, that I had earmarked for possible purchase, had arrived in "my" store.  Two of these styles are now in my possession.


This morning I had the thought that I should try wearing nothing but Fluevogs.  I definitely have enough to choose from.  But, being "Fluevog monogamous" might not be fair to the other footwear that lives in my closets, waiting for a chance to be worn.  Also, I never seem to operate well when wardrobe constraints are placed on me.


Maybe, for a while, I could try to think of wearing Fluevogs first.


jacket: JCrew, from my closet
blouse: vintage, from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy
skirt: JCrew
socks: Hue, from Macys
shoes: Fluevog, from my closet

No comments: