Friday, July 30, 2010

The Blue Bow


I think that I can safely say that I am hooked on wearing bows, in particular, this blue bow.  In addition to wearing it today and on Tuesday, I dress rehearsed an outfit yesterday for late Summer/early Fall and just couldn't help but add the bow to it.



I have at least two designers' collections (I think) to thank for my bow fascination: the Cynthia Rowley Spring/Summer 2010 ready-to-wear collection and the Jason Wu Resort 2011 ready-to-wear collection.



My wearing the bow is a good example of how the collections that I look at influence my styling.  I don't consciously say, "Oh, I think that I will try to copy that Jason Wu look today".  It's more like I put something on and say, "Oh, so and so would look really good with that or worn that way", with "that" or "that way" coming from some collection.



I guess this is why one should always keep one's eyes open and keep examining things, because otherwise you may just miss a source of inspiration!


jacket: JCrew, from my closet
shirt: Gap
tie: fabric belt from an Anthropologie dress
skirt overalls: Gap
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
boots: Fluevog, from my closet

No comments: