Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lady In Red




When I was getting dressed this morning, I did think about wearing a pair of wellies -- rain was forecast for the afternoon and evening.  I decided against wearing wellies, because I didn't really believe that it was going to rain hard, or that it would start raining before I got home.  Of course it did rain hard and while I was still out.  On my way home, I really wished that I had worn wellies.  This got me thinking about a couple of weeks ago, when I was frustrated because I kept wearing wellies when rain was forecast but no rain appeared.  Walking home in the rain with no wellies, I decided that it might be better to wear wellies every time rain is forecast, to be prepared for the eventuality of it actually raining.  When rain is forecast and it actually arrives, in my opinion, no footwear beats wellies.  Having wellies on when rain does arrive is worth having to wear them when rain doesn't appear.

Just a brief comment on today's red outfit.  I don't have much red clothing, but red is definitely one of my favourite colours for clothes.

dress: Zara, from my closet
sweater: Zara, from my closet
socks: Hue
shoes: Fluevog
pin: ?

No comments: