Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dhoti Pants




I see now that dhoti pants are probably not the most form flattering pants, at least on me.  They are very comfortable though for hot Summer days.  I will continue to wear them.  I am not really into selecting clothes for their form flattering qualities.




When I was at university, I used to purchase and read mostly European fashion magazines, principally French and Italian ones.  I have kept some, but (oddly) not all, of the editorials that I liked from these magazines.  Today's outfit was inspired by one of these editorials (one that I didn't keep, yet still remember).  If I recall correctly, the theme of the editorial was Summer holidays.  There were two distinct styles presented in the editorial.  One involved black and white clothing worn with combat boots.  The second involved clothing in vibrant colours (like orange) worn with gold ballet slippers.  I remember looking at the editorial with a friend.  She fell for the brightly coloured clothing worn with gold ballet slippers.  I fell for the black and white clothing worn with combat boots.  Maybe I remember the editorial because of the experience of sharing it with a friend.  In any event, that editorial (even if I no longer have it) inspires a lot of my black and white outfits.

blouse: Gap, from my closet
sweater: Zara, from my closet
dhoti pants: ?, from my closet
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
boots: Army surplus store, from my closet

No comments: