Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Humpty Dumpty




Yesterday, someone remarked that I was dressed "very sixties".  I made no reply, and certainly didn't begrudge them their view.  I could see how they might see my look as a 60s look.  However, the title of yesterday's post makes it clear that I (underline I) was trying to work a "Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing" look, not a 60s look.  Today, reflecting on yesterday, the following quote came to mind.  It is spoken by Humpty Dumpty in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass:  "When I use a word ... it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less".  When someone chooses a particular look, they mean it be exactly what they choose it be ... and not what someone else might think it is.  Which is probably why I like to appreciate others' looks, but I don't like to label them.  It is what it is to them, and I don't want to take that away from them.  And, it is what it is to me, and they need never know about it.  (Okay, how about a 60s "Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing" look?)  As for today's look, it's another 60s western look, of course.




jacket: Zara, old
shirt: Gap, old
skirt: H&M, old
belt: Old Navy, old
tights: ?
socks: ?
boots: Fluevog

No comments: