Saturday, May 8, 2010

Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing: Spring Edition No. 6


It's a bustle skirt.  That's what was waiting for me in my mailbox when I arrived home Thursday night.


Sometimes when I turn my mind to one of my outfits, many thoughts occur to me, none of which seem to be connected to any other.  This is one of those times.  So here are my thoughts about today's outfit.  One: I seem to be wearing a lot of blue ... and yellow ... lately.  Two: When I first saw the bustle skirt, I knew that I had to have one.  Three: When I was ordering the bustle skirt, I was not consciously thinking about those Spring/Summer 2010 looks of volume that I put into my inspiration book.  But, the moment that I put on the skirt, those looks came flooding into my brain.  Four: I really love the bustle skirt, so much so that I may just have to get another one.  Yes, I know that I am supposed to be trying to break the habit of getting one in every colour, but I really love the bustle skirt.  Five: I wasn't quite happy with the way that the sweater hid the pin at the neckline of the shirt.  Am I serious?!  Sadly, yes.  I made a slight adjustment after I looked at the photos, but I didn't take a photo of the adjustment.  Six: Could I get away with wearing the bustle skirt to work?  I wish that I could, but I don't think that I could.  It is too playful.


Enough about today's outfit.  I am predicting that, tomorrow, I will have great difficulty figuring out what to wear.  This is because the weather has turned nasty.  I don't know if I should go back to winter clothes.  I don't want to go back to winter clothes.  But, if I don't go back to winter clothes, what on earth will I wear that will keep me warm enough?  If only I could just hide out at home until Spring returns.


jacket: Eddie Bauer, last season
hat: Banana Republic, old
gloves: ?
scarf: Gap, last season
shirt: Gap
skirt: Bunny and Pear (on Esty)
sweater: H&M, old
leggings: American Apparel
socks: ?
boots: Joe Fresh Style
pin: Trove

No comments: