Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recognizing A New Favourite


I know when a piece of clothing becomes a new favourite because I wear it at least three times in the first week after its first outing.  Having said this, the coat that I was wearing today has made it to new favourite status.  Over the past few years, I seem to have developed an affinity for coats made of brocade (or is it damask).  (I may have to acquire a little more knowledge than I have of fabrics -- or is it textiles).  I have a few coats and jackets now made of brocade (and/or damask).  In fact, when I was taking today's outfit photos, I spotted a coat in my house made of brocade (or damask) that I haven't worn yet.  Spotting it, I asked myself, "Why haven't I worn that yet?"  Good question.  I am going to have to rectify this neglect soon!




On another note, I tried on the short skirt that I bought yesterday with the shirt that I thought I would wear it with.  The skirt and shirt do look nice together (according to me, of course), but I am almost 99 percent positive that I will not be able to wear the skirt with bare legs.  I still like the skirt, though, and I still want to wear it.  I am thinking I am going to have to get the appropriate colour of leggings to wear with the skirt.  I think that I could wear the skirt as a Spring and/or Fall skirt with leggings.  Why do I sometimes fixate on a piece of clothing and insist on trying nearly everything to make it work?  It would certainly be less expensive to give the skirt up!




coat: Urban Outfitters, old
scarf: ?
dress: Gap
sweater: From an off-price store, old
leggings: American Apparel, old
belt: H&M, old
boots: Frye (from Get Outside)

No comments: