Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Testing, Testing ... One, Two, Three




I made it to day three (of three days of plum/purple outfits)!  As predicted, the self-discipline kicked in this morning and I forced myself to wear a plum/purple outfit, despite my not having been happy with having to wear a plum/purple outfit yesterday.  What I didn't predict, or what I didn't call correctly, was that I wouldn't end up feeling miserable at the end of the day.  In fact, not only did I not feel miserable at the end of the day, I felt quite, quite contented ... with the outfit, the experiment and my resolve to see the experiment through to the end.  There is one thing about today's outfit that I feel I have to admit:  It isn't completely original.  It is a variation of the outfit that I wore this past Friday.  I switched the sweater, the colour of the tights and the boots, and I added a pin.  Frankly, I prefer today's outfit to Friday's outfit, so I don't really care that I wasn't being completely original.  I dress to please myself and I was pleased today!

coat: Zara, last season
scarf: ?
gloves: ?
blouse: Gap, last season
skirt: vintage (from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy)
sweater: Kersh, old
tights: ?
boots: Fluevog

No comments: