Monday, March 15, 2010

Replacing Old Favourites

There is a pair of ankle boots that I have owned for, what seems like centuries, and that I have worn often throughout many a Spring, Summer and Fall.  I wouldn't call them cowboy boots, but they are certainly cowboy-like boots.  Because of the number of wears they have seen, they are definitely close to being, if they are not already, on their last legs.  For awhile now, I have been searching for some replacements.  Last year, my all-time favourite shoe designer, John Fluevog, came out with his Calamity boot (part of the Frontier Hi shoe family), and I thought that I definitely had the perfect replacement.  The heel on the Calamity boots was a titch higher and of a different shape than the heels on my old favourites but they were cowboy-like boots and I thought that I could make the heel height and shape work.  To make a long story short, I bought some Calamity boots.  Suffice it to say that, no matter how much I adore Fluevogs, I still kept reaching for the old favourites.  Now here is the reason for this story:  As I said in my last post, I have been reading a lot of personal style blogs lately.  One thing that I have noticed is how many bloggers seem to be sporting high-heel ankle boots and doing so in a very fine way.  Sadly, though, as much as I like the look of their boots, I know that their boots are not me.  They wouldn't feel right on me.  Yesterday, I got to thinking about how I could make high-heel ankle boots me.  Immediately the Calamity boots came to mind.  They are ankle boots, they have a high heel (okay, a high-ish heel) and, because I love the cowboy/western look, surely the Calamity boots could be my answer to the high-heel ankle boot.  I tried them out in the house yesteday, but, sadly, chickened out of wearing them outdoors, "in public".  Obviously, I am not wearing them today.  But, watch for them, they may just make an appearance (on me) later this week!  (Or, they may not.)


Image from fluevog.com

No comments: